Monday, January 30, 2012

Killer Biceps, Back & Ab's Workout

Killer Biceps, Back and Ab's Workout 


Greetings,

Today I performed a killer bicep, back  abs workout.  It was a very energetic,strenuous workout.  This workout is similar in length to my chest/shoulders/triceps/ab's workout, in which I try to complete it within 40 minutes to 1 hour.  I generally perform 2-3 exercises per body part.  I focus on mid level/high reps with lower weights.  This type of weight lifting leads to a very lean, athletic body type and really fatigues the muscles. Research shows that the more lean muscles a person builds, the more efficient the body becomes at burning fat (Kravitz, 2007).


Mike "Camo" Lee - Arm/Back/Ab's Post Workout



Here is my Biceps, Back & Ab's Workout, with links to videos of how to perform the exercise.  I try to keep things simple, fast and challenging:

Exercise                                  Set, Reps, Weight (lbs)

Arms
Dumbbell Curls                              4, 10,  40
Hammer Curls                                4,  8,   25
Incline Dumbbell Curls                    4, 10,  22.5      

Back
Lat Pull-down (Machine)               4, 9, 145
Standing Dumbbell Row                         4, 10, 50

Abs
Decline Reverse Crunch          3,    15/12/10
Mountain Climbers                  3,     10/10/10
Situps                                     3,     10/10/10

I always work my arms first, then my back, abs.  You can mix it up a bit and perform abs first.  I try to perform ab's first because I use my arms a lot during my ab workout and I don't want to fatigue my biceps to much before lifting. I usually rest a day after doing biceps, then follow this workout with my chest/shoulders/triceps/ab's workout.  I perform this workout twice a week. Try it out and let me know how challenging it was for you. 

Until then, rush to a fitter YOU!













Regards,
-Mike "Camo" Lee
Mountain Rush Fitness


References:
Kravitz, Len. "Fat facts: quit debating! To burn more fat, work harder or longer--or both." IDEA Fitness Journal Sept. 2007: 23+. InfoTrac Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Collection. Web. 27 Jan. 2012.




2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great.
    leg workout

    ReplyDelete

  2. The Punjab government sought to strengthen the school education network in the province by increasing the number of teachers. In October, it was decided to hire up to 80,000 schoolteachers in, what the SED called, the highest-ever number of teacher recruitments.

    8th class result punjab board
    5th result 2018
    8th class result 2018 online

    ReplyDelete